Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE-Main), formerly All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), is an examination organised by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in India. Introduced in the year 2002, this national level competitive test is for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in institutes accepting the AIEEE score, mainly National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs).
The JEE (Main)-2019 will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the students to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year.
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
The first JEE (Main) – 2019 was held in January, 2019 whereas the second will be held in April, 2019.
Mode of Examination
JEE (Main)-2019 will be conducted in the following mode:
- Paper-1 (B.E. /B. Tech.) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
- Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning): Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet.
Choice of Medium of Question Papers
- The medium of Question Paper shall be in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
- Age Limit
For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2019. The candidates should also satisfy themselves about their fulfilling the age limit requirements of the Institutes in which they are desirous of taking admission.
2. Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE)
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in April, 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 Examination.
Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)–2019.
Those candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) – January 2019 examination, are also eligible to appear in JEE(Main)-April 2019.