Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati
Autonomous Institutions under MHRD, Govt. of IndiaAdmissions to BS-MS (Dual-Degree) Programme 2019
To promote high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati.
- BS-MS (Dual Degree)
It is a five-year degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed class 10+2 or equivalent. Most IISERs offer BS-MS (Dual Degree) in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. Earth and Environmental Sciences is available at select IISERs. For details please visit the website of individual IISERs.
The BS-MS program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The program consists of core courses in basic sciences and specialization in chosen subjects along with an MS research project. The training during this program enables students to pursue careers in academia, R&D institutes, and industries.
- Additionally, IISER Bhopal offers four year BS programmes in Economics and Engineering Sciences. Mathematics at 10+2 level is mandatory for candidates seeking admission to both these BS programmes.
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply for admissions. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2019-20 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable. Please see the cut-off criteria here.
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2019 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable. Please see the cut-off criteria here.
State & Central Board – SCB Channel
Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2018 or 2019 are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2019.
However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board. Please see the cut-off criteria here.
Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) 2019 will be conducted in a fully computer-based test mode. Mock Test is available here
Instructions for the mock test are available here
KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs would draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition, a limited number of INSPIRE scholarships will be available for candidates admitted through JEE Advanced and SCB channel as applicable as per the norms prescribed by DST INSPIRE scheme. This supersedes all earlier announcements regarding scholarship.Key Features
- Highly competent and motivated faculty in various disciplines with a passion for science
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting-edge research across disciplines
- Upcoming eco-friendly green campuses with appropriate infrastructure
- Library with online resources, books, and research journals
- State of the art teaching and research facilities
- Sports and recreational facilities
- Hostel facility for all students
Application Instructions – Portal Open Now
- Application for admission are to be submitted online only at www.iiseradmission.in/apply
- Please follow the instructions for filling the application form and other relevant details (available on the website) . Please go through the FAQ section on the website carefully before filling up the form.
- There is non- refundable application fee of Rupees 2000/- (Rupees 1000 for SC/ST and PD candidates)