The selection process of JEE Main 2019 comprises of basically three steps- 2 phases of exams, online registration, result/cut off/counselling. Furthermore, if you want to appear for JEE Advanced, then you need to crack JEE Main first. From this academic year, NTA (National Testing Agency) will be the new governing body for JEE Main Exams. So, as per the latest knowledge, NTA has formulated some new changes in the selection process of JEE Main.
JEE Main is the national level engineering entrance exam through which you can take admission in undergraduate B. Tech/B. E and B. Arch/B. Planning courses in top-level Institutes of India. We here are focused on providing all the vital information related to JEE Main Exam 2019. The selection are concerned here with exam pattern, the number of attempts, the cut-off for JEE Main etc. You can check all the detailed information given below related to JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Selection process
The exam conducting body NTA has already announced the exam dates, exam centres and exam city for the JEE Main 2019. So, if you are the one who filled the online application form for JEE Main 2019, you can now check the important dates, registration dates, admit card dates, syllabus, eligibility, question paper pattern, cut off for JEE Main below.
Now, let’s peep into the complete selection process for JEE Main 2019. Below are the step by step process which we have explained in detail.
Online Application Procedure
Before applying for JEE Main 2019, you need to check the eligibility process for the same. In order to apply for the JEE Main exam, you candidature should match with the given eligibility:
- Age Limit- The candidates should be born on after 1st October 1994 for general category. Candidates will get 5 years of relaxation in this if belong to SC/ST & PwD.
- Educational Qualification-Candidates who have appeared for the class 12th board exam and cleared in the year 2017, 2018 or are appearing for 12th boards in the year 2019.
- Qualified Marks in 12th -Minimum 75% in 12th boards for general category and minimum 65% in 12th boards for SC/ST/PwD candidates. Further candidates need at least five subjects in the qualifying exams.
After you matched all the eligibility qualification, you should start with the online application procedure.
You can only apply for the exam if you meet all the selection process for the JEE Main 2019. In order to register for the JEE Main, you need to create JEE Main login account. That login account will help you in submitting your application form, form correction, downloading of JEE Main admit card and JEE Main result. You can retrieve your login details if you forget it with the help of ‘’Forget Password’’ option.
You can pay your application fee online using your debit/credit card of HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank or Syndicate Bank. To pay through offline mode, you need to download e-challan and deposit the fees to nearest Syndicate/ICICI/ Canara Bank.
|JEE Main Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B. Planning)||500||250||250||250|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)And JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B. Planning)||900||450||450||450|
|Foreign Candidates JEE Main Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B. Planning)||2000||1050||1000||1000|
|Foreign Candidates JEE Main Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B. Planning)||3000||1500||1500||1500|
The selection process process includes important dates of the JEE Main 2019 Exam, eligibility process.
Getting ready for JEE Main Exam 2019
After submitting the application, you must now start your preparation with JEE Main 2019 exam.
Important Dates for JEE Main 2019
You can check out the important dates for JEE Main Exam 2019 for January and April Session below:
|JEE Main Registration Form (January Session)||1st September 2018|
|JEE Main Admit Card Download (January Session)||17th December 2018|
|JEE Main Exam Date (January Session)||6th -20th January 2019|
|JEE Main Result (January Session)||31st January 2019|
|JEE Main Registration Form (April Session)||8th Feb 2019|
|JEE Main Admit Card Download (April Session)||18th March 2019|
|JEE Main Exam Date (April Session)||6th -20th April 2019|
|JEE Main Result||30th April 2019|
Ranking Procedure for the JEE Main Exam 2019
- Answer Key- After the successful completion of the JEE Main Exam 2019, NTA will be going to release the JEE Main 2019 Answer Key on the official website of JEE Main. You can check that using your login details.
- Result- After that JEE Main Result 2019 will be officially announced by the exam conducting authority on the official website. You can check JEE Main 2019 Result for January Session on 31st January 2019 and for April Session on 30th April 2019.
- Cut Off- Your admission depends on the cut off released by the official exam conducting body. We are providing previous year cut off of JEE Main below:
|Category||Cut Off for the year 2018||Cut off for the year 2017|
- JEE Main Counselling- The JOSAA is the conducting body who take care of JEE Main Counselling and seat allotment procedure. Register yourself and lock your choices for Institutes and streams. The process of seat allocation is calculated based on AIR (All India Rank) of JEE Main.
We have provided the JEE Main selection process and now you need to prepare for the JEE Main exam in order to grab a seat in your dream college and branch. Start your preparation now to get success with flying colours.
Don’t forget to download JEE Main preparation app. It provides free study notes, quizzes, mock test, previous year papers, and all the updates related IIT JEE exams.
Source : siliconindia
Resonance Eduventures Ltd. A premiere coaching institute in the field of Engineering, Medical, Commerce and Law.
ResoNite Pawan Goyal, maintaining the league, secures AIR 6 with highest marks 350/360 in JEE (Main) 2018.
Admission open for Academic Session 2019-20 for class 5th to 12th. Admission cum scholarship test (ResoFAST) on 6th jan 2019, Apply now, click here