Joint Entrance Examination-Main (JEE-Main) 2019 merit list for admission to IITs and other engineering colleges will be based on percentile scores and not on marks. The percentile score to be used for the JEE Main will be based on the format adopted in NEET – Undergraduate MBBS entrance test.
JEE Main is the qualifying exam for the aspirants of JEE (Advanced) conducted for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). The score in JEE Main is also considered by NITs, IIITs and various other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions) across the country for admission to their undergraduate programmes.
In addition to this, starting 2019, the JEE (Main) will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Previously, it used to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Aspirants can now appear for the exam twice in a year. JEE (Main) tests to be held in January and April in multiple sessions from next year.
Ranking and Marking Process for JEE Main
- All sessions will have its own NTA percentile score with the highest score as 100 percentile
- An overall NTA score will be prepared by including the scores of all the sessions for a final ranking
- The top-ranked candidate in the final ranking will be the 100 percentile
- The tie-breaker in between any percentile rank will be the highest percentile in mathematics, physics and chemistry in that order
- If scores are tied even after this, the older person will be ranked higher
- Final merit list will be announced after JEE Main-II exam
- For candidates who take both the cycles of the exam, the better percentile will be count in the final merit list
- There is no change in pattern and difficulty level of test, candidates will have different questions
Source : eletsonline
Resonance Eduventures Ltd. A premiere coaching institute in the field of Engineering, Medical, Commerce and Law.
ResoNite Pawan Goyal, maintaining the league, secures AIR 6 with highest marks 350/360 in JEE (Main) 2018.
Admission open for Academic Session 2019-20 for class 5th to 12th. To Apply now, click here