The second selection list for MBBS admissions in the state is further delayed, as the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), on Tuesday, announced that it will be released only after the vacant all-India quota seats will be surrendered to the state. The NEET-UG admissions in medical colleges across the country are held over multiple court matters. After the government’s policy on class X and XII from state, along with the domicile requirement, was upheld in Bombay High Court last week, most parents were awaiting the second merit list. Putting to rest the speculations, the DMER put out a notice announcing the release of the second merit list after the vacant seats from all-India quota are surrendered. DMERE director, Pravin Shingare, said that it is a usual process. “The second round in the state always starts after the all-India quota seats are surrendered. The second list of all-India seats were to be out on July 6. The pending court matters have delayed admissions for almost a month. With that on hold, dates for all the related rounds, even in the state, will be pushed further,” said Shingare. Sudha Shenoy, a parent representative, however, said that the state could have at least released the revised first merit list, eliminating the 31 students, who were disqualified after the HC order on domicile, SSC and HSC. “By delaying the revised first selection list, the state is wasting time. The students who have been disqualified after the HC order, can easily move the Supreme Court in this time. We are planning to file a caveat in the Supreme Court soon,” said Shenoy.
Source : TOI
Resonance Eduventures Ltd. A premiere coaching institute in the field of Engineering, Medical, Commerce and Law.
NEET 2018 Result: 3759 students from Resonance Qualified in NEET 2018.
Admission open for Academic Session 2018-19 for class 5th to 12th. To Apply now, click here