The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) has announced a series of changes in the board exams for class 10 and 12 starting 2020. The announcement made by Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasma indicated that the changes proposed are on the lines of CBSE exam methodology.
According to the minister, “These changes have been done keeping in mind the CBSE examination pattern as already the central board has done away with the continuous and comprehensive evaluation. Merely changing the textbooks will not serve the purpose until the exam pattern is also changed. This will enhance writing skills and the student can perform better in NEET and JEE Main exams.”
The Gujarat Education Department has already issued the guideline to all government, grant-in-aid and private primary and higher secondary schools affiliated to the GSHSEB to follow the NCERT books for Maths, Science and languages for classes I till IX and class XI from this academic session.
Changes announced in the exam pattern for Gujarat Class 10, and 12 Boards from 2020:
The latest circular from the Gujarat board to all the district education officers gives guidelines on the following lines
- Class 10 board exam will be conducted for 80 marks instead of 70.
- Each paper will carry 80 marks in total, and consist of objective type questions for 16 marks, as well as short, long, and essay type questions (subjective) for 64 marks.
- Internal Marking/ Evaluation- School based comprehensive evaluation will be replaced with internal evaluation. This evaluation will award 5 marks each for first exam, notebook submission and another 5 marks for subject enrichment activity including a speaking and listening test in languages and given projects in other subjects.
- For class 9, and class 11 internals, students will be evaluated for 20 marks instead of 30 marks.
- The MCQ and OMR mode of questioning and answering will be abolished and the practice of having multiple choice questions for 50 marks in the question paper will be discontinued from 2020. Instead objective questions will now have 20 percentage weightage
Source : careers360
Resonance Eduventures Ltd. A premiere coaching institute in the field of Engineering, Medical, Commerce and Law.
Resonance Produced Magnificent Result in JEE Advanced 2018.
Admission open for Academic Session 2018-19 for class 5th to 12th. To Apply now, click here