The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board is going to conduct online Mop-Up round of WBJEE Counselling 2018 from July 11 onwards. The purpose of the Mop-Up round is to minimize the remaining vacant seats after the completion of all the three rounds of WBJEE Counselling 2018. After the closing of the e-admission process on July 7, all the vacant seats excluding the management quota seats will be offered to the candidates who registered themselves for WBJEE Counselling 2018 during June 9 to June 15. All the reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD/JEE-M lying vacant after the WBJEE e-counselling 2018 will be converted to open seats. These vacant seats will be offered to the registered candidates on the basis of WBJEE 2018 General Merit Rank (GMR).
WBJEE Mop-Up Round Schedule:
|Vacancy list for Mop-up round of counselling||July 11|
|Registration, payment of advance admission fee and choice filling||July 13 to July 16|
|Mop-up round Seat Allotment result||July 17|
|Reporting to institutes and completing admission||July 17 to July 20|
WBJEE Mop-Up Round Eligibility:
All the candidates who registered themselves for WBJEE e-counselling 2018 can participate in WBJEE Mop-Up Round. The status of the candidates i.e., admission/withdrawal/reporting after the third round of counselling doesn’t matter in WBJEE Mop-Up Round. The candidates who allotted a seat during WBJEE e-counselling 2018 can also participate in the Mop-Up round and upgrade their seats. Such candidates need not to pay any admission fee during the WBJEE Mop-Up round.
WBJEE Mop-Up Round Procedure:
1. Seats Declaration:
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will declare all the vacant seats generated after the third round of WBJEE e-counselling 2018 on the official website wbjeeb.nic.in on July 11.
2. Registration and admission fee payment:
The candidates who registered themselves for WBJEE e-counselling 2018 process will have to register again for the WBJEE Mop-Up Round between July 13 and July 16. Students, who have not paid counselling fees during WBJEE e-counselling 2018, will have to pay provisional admission fees of Rs. 5000.
3. Choice Filling and Locking:
After the registration and fee payment, candidates can choose institutes/ branches in order of their preference.
- The candidates must include that institute and branch in their choices if he/she has already taken admission in any institute during WBJEE e-counselling 2018.
- A vacancy may arise dynamically during Mop-Up round, so candidates can also choose an institute/branch where the initial vacancy is zero.
4. Seat Allotment:
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will declare seat allotment result of the Mop-Up round on July 17. After getting a seat during WBJEE Mop-Up round, candidates need to report at the allotted institute for document verification. After checking all the documents by the concerned authorities, candidates will be allotted a seat and the seat allotted to them during WBJEE e-counselling 2018 (if any) will be forfeited which can’t be claimed back.
- Candidates need not to report at any WBJEE Reporting Centers 2018 for document verification during WBJEE Mop-Up round.
- All the candidates who paid the admission fee to the institute during WBJEE e-counselling 2018 but opted for admission through WBJEE Mop-Up round will have to pay the full admission fee to the newly allotted institute. Such candidates must complete necessary formalities with the institute to get their money back.
Source: Jagran Josh
Resonance Eduventures Ltd. A premiere coaching institute in the field of Engineering, Medical, Commerce and Law.
Resonance Produced Magnificent Result in JEE Advanced 2018.
Admission open for Academic Session 2018-19 for class 5th to 12th. To Apply now, click here