The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) declared the seat allotment result of round 1 on June 27. Students, who registered themselves for JoSAA 2018 counselling and completed choice filling and locking before June 25, now can check the seat allotment result. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) allotted seats to the candidates on the basis of their preferred choices, JEE Main/Advanced score/rank and the availability of seats.
Steps to check JoSAA 2018 seat allotment result:
- Visit the official website of JoSAA i.e., josaa.nic.in.
- Click on the link “ROUND 1: View Allotment Result and Pay Seat Acceptance Fee”.
- Enter JEE Main 2018 roll number and password in the space provided.
- Click on the login button to submit the asked details.
- Now, the seat allotted to you will display on your screen.
Choices after JoSAA 2018 seat allotment result:
After getting a seat in JoSAA 2018 counselling round 1, candidates can secure the allotted seat by using the options given below:
- Freeze: To confirm the allotted seat
- Float: To change seat allotted to them
- Slide: To change the course allotted to them in the same Engineering Institute
- Withdrawal: To withdraw admission from the seat allotted to them
JoSAA 2018 seat allotment: Physical reporting
After accepting the seat offered to them in JoSAA 2018 counselling round 1, candidates will have to reach to the nearest reporting centers between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm from June 28 to July 2 for document verification and acceptance of seat. A candidate who is allotted a seat in an NIT + Institute must report at any one of the reporting centre of NITs’s list. On the other hand, a candidate who is allotted a seat in IITs must report at any one of the reporting centers of IITs. There are a total of 17 reporting centers for IITs and 45 reporting centers for NIT + Institute.
To know the complete list of JoSAA 2018 reporting centers, click here.
If a candidate who is allotted a seat in JoSAA 2018 counselling round 1 doesn’t report according to the given schedule, then he/she will be out of the seat allotment process and will not be allowed to participate in next seat allotment rounds.
Note: If a candidate reports at wrong centre, then he/she will lose the seat allotted to them.
Documents to be submitted at JoSAA 2018 reporting centers:
Students should take the self-attested photocopies along with the original documents wherever required to the reporting centers. The documents required for verification at JoSAA 2018 reporting centers are given below:
- Provisional JoSAA seat allotment letter
- Score Card of JEE Main 2018
- Identity Proof
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Admit Card JEE Main 2018
- Date of birth certificate
- Mark sheet of Class 12th
- Category certificate for reserved category candidates
- 3 passport size photographs (as per JEE Main 2018 application only)
Source: Jagran Josh
Resonance Eduventures Ltd. A premiere coaching institute in the field of Engineering, Medical, Commerce and Law.
Resonance Produced Magnificent Result in JEE Advanced 2018.
Admission open for Academic Session 2018-19 for class 5th to 12th. To Apply now, click here