You must have wondered “How Resonance predict rank given only expected AIPMT 2015 marks and Reservation Category?” or “How Resonance predicted rank is close to the actual ranks?” Well the answer is simple. We follow the best analytic practices available and used around the world. Confused how can we do that? Let’s see how?
- You give us AIPMT 2015 expected marks. Let’s call it ‘x’. As illustration, let this ‘x’ be 500.
- You give us Your Reservation Category. Let this be OBC (Non Cream Layer).
Now we also have AIPMT scores of tens of thousands of students from previous years. We do the following:
- Suppose we have 10000 students of whom we have AIPMT marks of previous year. We arrange them in decreasing order and look out for marks on critical ranks like 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 and so on.
- We create Rank Slabs with above mentioned critical ranks like 1-100, 101-200, 201-500, and so on.
- Now we have the marks range for every rank slab with us.
but hey, this is the data for 2014, we can’t predict your ranks based on 2014 data.
- Next, we calculate difficulty level of every subject and over all paper for previous years and this year too.
- Using this difficulty level tagging we come up with a relative difficulty factor to normalize your AIPMT 2015 score with AIPMT 2014 scores. Our expert faculty teams gives us this difficulty factor. lets say this this difficulty factor is ‘y’. For now lets say this comes out to be ‘1.018’ for AIPMT 2015
As per our guidelines, the normalized score becomes:
N = x*y
- In our example with x = 500, y = 1.018
N = 509
This is the final score based on which your rank will be calculated. Guess what, we have the range for this data too. For example, If, in 2014, the All India Rank corresponding to this score is 3800, we report 3001 to 4000.
Now comes the difficult part, to predict your category rank.
- For this we study the trend of every category rank with respect to All India Rank. To understand this, lets carry on with our example.
- Now we have your All India Rank range as 3001 to 4000, we calculate the OBC (NCL) candidates till the rank 3001 and 4000 in AIPMT 2014 from our data of 10000 students.
- From our data we get following figures :
Till Rank 3001 : 951 Students were from OBC (NCL)
Till Rank 4000 : 1300 Students were from OBC (NCL)
- Using this data we predict that your category rank would be between 951 to 1300.
Now that you know how do we predict your ranks, why don’t you give it a shot by clicking here?